Monday, March 19, 2012

The Beginning!

Since you are just now getting to know me, let me paint the best picture of my life that I can.  Currently I am a senior in college, set to graduate this May.  I am finishing out my schooling by student teaching in the Plano school district.  Therefore, I am teaching Monday-Friday until 4pm each day.  Then I run over to my part-time job as an associate at a local JoAnn's store.  The store I work at is HUGE, so my brain is coming up with endless ideas of stuff to do.  And then, on the weekends, I referee kid's competitive and adult recreational soccer.  So if you haven't already noticed, I am a very, very busy person!

Despite my crazy schedule, I still make time for scrapbook retreats and events, as well as crocheting on a regular basis to help clear my head.  Recently, several teachers at my mentor school have or are having babies.  I started crocheting blankets for each of them, when one of the teachers mentioned I should start selling my items.  This came up because I a making specific blanket and created a latch hook rug pattern for a custom rug for the nursery.  So that is what got my whole website going.

Now I am trying to get website up and running and build the clientele to keep it going!  On this blog and I will post my different projects I am working on, including the specialty blanket and rug.

Last week I successfully made my first pairs of baby booties and a preemie cap!
I really enjoyed making them.  It took me a little over an hour to make the set.

These are the baby botties I made.  The ones of the right hand side are the first ones I made.  They are so cute!

Well I have to get back to my busy schedule.  I look forward to sharing my work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment