Friday, March 23, 2012

iPhone Crochet Frenzy

Hello!  So I have recently gone crazy with finding new apps to encourage my crocheting addiction.  Here is a picture of one of my pages on my iPhone.

 So I have these apps: Vogue Knitting, Stitch Minder, Red Heart, Lion Brand, Crochet Handy, Jo-Ann, Michaels, and Pintrest.  I LOVE having the Pintrest app because I can browse through ideas during my small breaks and I find so many new ideas through that.  I use the Michaels and Jo-Ann apps for ideas, as well as their coupons.  Red Heart and Lion Brand also have free patterns and have links to stores and sites for their materials.

But what I really discovered was the Vogue Knitting, Stitch Minder, and Crochet Handy.  Crochet Handy helps to decode the acronyms and phrases within patterns.  The Stitch Minder helps keep track of stitches and counts of your current projects...and it can do multiple projects at once.

But the best of them all: Vogue Knitting.  Yes, I know, I do not knit.  However, it has some really amazing tools.  Let me show you.


As you can see you can save your projects that you are working on.  You can list what materials are being used and any special notes that go with it.  As you can see I listed my Granny Square Afghan that I started that other day, with the hooks I need and the list of colors I am using.  You can also add any types of picture you want.  I used my first square as mine.
You can also save what size hooks (or needles) that you have so that you know if you have what you need or need to purchase one. 
The same goes for the yarn.  What I love about this app versus the others that I have seen, is that you can list the brand, color, how many yards/ounces in each skein, how many skeins you have, and any additional notes that it requires.  You can also take a picture of the yarn and use it as the icon, or save the pictures from websites on your phone and upload those as the icon.  Then when you start a new project, you pull can list the yarn being used in that project.

Just thought I would share what I recently found.  Who knows, it might be useful for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment