Thursday, March 22, 2012

Yarn Trials

So, yesterday I went to my local yarn store in hopes of figuring out what colors I wanted to use to make my sample afghan that will have 63 different squares on it.  I thought I had found the most perfect yarn!  It was the Red Heart with Love and it was labeled as clearance for $1.39 a skein!  I was in heaven.  I was going to be able to buy yarn for the sampler ( which I need 15 skeins) AND be able to get yarn for a granny square blanket (needing 12 skeins) all for under $40....then the manager wondered by and saw all of the yarn in my buggy.  She then told me that the yarn had just been put onto the shelf and that whoever stocked it didn't remove the clearance tags, and that they are $4.99 each.  Let me tell you, I definitely had my bubble popped!  So I only bought the 12 skeins for my granny square throw, and I only bought those because I was given 30% off my purchase.  

Colors:
1. Holly Berry; 2. Aubergine; 3. Mango; 4. Iced Aqua; 5. Lettuse; 6. Black


So I have only made three squares so far out of 42 squares.  I can whip these out pretty fast as long as I'm not trying to watch tv. :-P

I will keep you posted as I make more of the pieces. 

<3 Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment